- October 8, 2019 - October 10, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This class is now open to registrants WITHOUT a CTS® certification!
Students will learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective, while gaining the tools needed to have a meaningful conversation with IT peers. It also offers hands-on computer work to help you practice the skills you’ll take back to work with you.
During this course, students will:
- Review how to discuss AV network requirements with IT stakeholders;
- Compare and contrast the most common network-based AV transmission protocols;
- Interpret IP addresses and subnets;
- Identify network security threats and countermeasures;
- Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting.
This course is offered over three 8 hours days, from Tuesday October 8 through Thursday October 10, 2019 in Room 240 at the Labor Temple. Class times will be from 8 am to 5 pm. Additional evening work may be required.
- It is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology before taking this course.
The following Certification Renewal Units are available through this class:
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
This class is limited in size to 20 students.